tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Chaffee <>
Subject Re: TC4 docs - can we end this?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 02:39:27 GMT
Rob S. wrote:

>I would've thought a thread about docs would be concerned with what docs to
>create, what docs will glue them together, maybe an image on the doc
>homepage with a map showing what order you can read them, etc.
OK, I'll write up a proposal soon with my ideas on doc organization. You
and I seem to have similar ideas about what needs to be done.

Some things that wil probably be in that proposal:

A trail map, a table of contents, a to-do list, a clear distinction
between Manuals and Howtos...

Clearly labelled sidebars for variations in OS, Tomcat version,
front-end Web server...

Tags for authorship for sections (perhaps with one section per file so
CVS can help)...

Pointers to existing docs and other sites (e.g. to specific FAQ entries)...

>p.s. I thought of another one, "Too many chefs, not enough doc writers" ;)

Alex Chaffee
jGuru - Java News and FAQs
Creator of Gamelan
Founder of Purple Technology