tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <>
Subject Re: [PRE-PROPOSAL] jakarta-tomcat-doc sub-project : WAS: [TomcatDocumentation Redactors To Hire]
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2001 02:03:17 GMT
This is deja vu all over again.  We should take one copy if this
discussion (we had the same thing in Commons, and I am sure it happened
everywhere else...), post it somewhere, and people can just submit
article numbers or something rather than typing the same arguments over
and over.

"Yes, I know you feel [21], but [17-19,28]."

It would be so much quicker...

Christopher Cain wrote:
> being bothered with this thread are both completely irrelevant, Ace. I
> have no interest in Anakia, and quite frankly, as has been pointed out
> very astutely by Costin, I have no interest in bothering with XML for
> the purposes of documentation. I will produce HTML docs with my favorite
> editor and call it a task adequately completed. Asking anything beyond
> that will more than likely be more time and effort than I am prepared to
> invest in simple documentation.

Documentation is just as valuable as the software...

> In short, let us please continue and decide upon how to proceed.
> Regardless of Jon's off-topic confusion, I would really like to know how
> the community would like to see any documentation which I may
> contribute.

Didn't you just say that you are going to do it in HTML and declare
victory no matter what?

Geir Magnusson Jr.
System and Software Consulting
Developing for the web?  See