tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From mettu.ku...@redspark.com
Subject Question on HTTPConnector.
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2001 22:35:54 GMT

Looking at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HTTPConnector I got a question regarding the
way its implemented.(I am looking at 4.0b3 src)

Look at this block of code(in run method of HTTPConnector):
	    // Hand this socket off to an appropriate processor
	    HttpProcessor processor = createProcessor();
	    if (processor == null) {
		try {
		    log(sm.getString("httpConnector.noProcessor"));
		    socket.close();
		} catch (IOException e) {
		    ;
		}
		continue;
	    }

As per my understanding if no. of HTTPConnections == maxProcessors( parameter in server.xml),
when a new HTTPRequest comes server just closes the Socket with any wait period. Isn't this
Bad? In cases where Load suddenly increases this could cause problems.

Any info on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kumar.