tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From g...@stinky.com
Subject [FAQ] jGuru FAQ Update
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:07:50 GMT
jGuru maintains FAQs and Forums on Servlets, JSP, and Tomcat (as well as
many other Java topics).  Here is an automated update on recent postings to
Tomcat-related FAQs.  Please direct flames and feedback to alex@jguru.com .

need it? get it. tools, code and tutorials for open-standards based development.

Stay informed with dW's weekly email newsletter
http://www.jguru.com/misc/register_devworks.jsp?src=notify

Hi.  You asked to be notified daily when certain jGuru.com items get new entries.

You can shut email notification off at the FAQ home
page(s) or:

  http://www.jguru.com/guru/notifyprefs.jsp

++ JavaServer Pages (JSP) FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JSP

How can I prevent Microsoft's so-called "SmartTags" from manipulating my web content?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=446724

How can I recognise which submit button (as images using the type="image"
attribute) is pressed in a form containing multible (image) submit buttons?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=446673

In our JSP form , we are accepting user name and passwords & we submit the form using
POST method to a servlet.
How safe is this? Is their any way someone can use a sniffer and get this password? What is
the right way to accept usernames & passwords?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=446031

How can I pass XML generated by JSP to Cocoon for further processing?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=445943

++ Servlets FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Servlets

How can I prevent Microsoft's so-called "SmartTags" from manipulating my web content?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=446724

How can I recognise which submit button (as images using the type="image"
attribute) is pressed in a form containing multible (image) submit buttons?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=446673

How do i know from which page the request has come from?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=446592

Is there a way I can get the context name and the servlet path from the init method of a servlet?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=445946

Why doesn't Response.sendRedirect() work after the binding of Tomcat with Apache server?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=445939

++ Tomcat FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Tomcat

How can I pass XML generated by JSP to Cocoon for further processing?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=445943

Is there any way to restrict access from subnets or specific IP addresses to Tomcat like Apache
does?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=445942

Why doesn't Response.sendRedirect() work after the binding of Tomcat with Apache server?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=445939

How can I use LDAP for Tomcat authentication ?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=445936

Do I really need to build a complete 'webapp' just to add a simple 'Helloworld'
servlet to the server?
	http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=445934