tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@iktek.com>
Subject RE: TC 3.3 strange encoding
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 17:03:45 GMT
So do I. I'm pretty sure that till recently, jikes was not able to encode
correctly, whatever you put in the <?xml part. As soon as we switched to any
javac (sun and IBM), it worked.

Emmanuel Lécharny, IKTEK
06 08 33 32 61, www.iktek.com <http://www.iktek.com>


-----Message d'origine-----
De : Ignacio J. Ortega [mailto:nacho@siapi.es]
Envoyé : jeudi 5 juillet 2001 18:57
À : 'tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org'
Objet : RE: TC 3.3 strange encoding


I have seen this behaviour when using Jikes..

Tc 3.3 now tries to autodetect ( and use ) Jikes where possible..,
perhaps your tc33 copy is using some Jikes present on your system..,

Only a wild thought Henri..

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega


> -----Mensaje original-----
> De: GOMEZ Henri [mailto:hgomez@slib.fr]
> Enviado el: jueves 5 de julio de 2001 11:54
> Para: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Asunto: TC 3.3 strange encoding
>
>
> Hi,
>
> I've got the following contents in a JSP :
>
>     <td id="XYZ">
>       <p>-<a href="/myzone/servlet/ppf"
> target="main">Multi-marché</a></p>
>       <p>&nbsp;</p>
>     </td>
>
> Which give me on output :
>
> Multi-marché
>
> What's the problem :)
>
> -
> Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
> EMAIL : hgomez@slib.fr        (. .)
> PGP KEY : 697ECEDD    ...oOOo..(_)..oOOo...
> PGP Fingerprint : 9DF8 1EA8 ED53 2F39 DC9B 904A 364F 80E6
>


Mime
View raw message