tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Anderson" <MMAND...@novell.com>
Subject Re: question about the reloading of servlet
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2001 19:53:35 GMT
There was a problem with the reload code on 3.2.2.  Since reloading
has been rewritten for 3.3, you can try that or you can get the latest
source from the tomcat_32 branch and use it.  The fix is in
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.java if you just want the one
file.

>>> Henri.Delebecque@supelec.fr 06/25/01 09:51AM >>>
hello,

I have Tomcat 3.2.2, Apache 1.3.19 and mod_jk.

One of my user is currently developing a servlet, and
change very frequently this one.

from times to times, Tomcat stops reloading it, and I have
to restart it. Is it normal ? Why does he stop reloading ?

I have read numerous posts on this subject, including ones
telling that the reloading of servlet is difficult, since the
classes are loaded into a JVM, which doesn't accept easily
to change a loaded class into memory...

So, my question is:
Will the reloading working well in future versions of Tomcat
(should I try catalina ?), or should I suggest another way of
developing servlet to my user ?

Thanks a lot

| Henri Delebecque                        delebecq@supelec.fr |
| Webmaster                                                   |
| Supelec                          Tel (33)  01.69.85.14.91   |
| 3 rue Joliot-Curie                                          |
| Plateau de Moulon                 Fax:(33) 01.69.85.12.34   |
| 91190 Gif sur Yvette                                        |
| FRANCE                                                      |