tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/java/org/apache/ajp/tomcat33 Ajp14Interceptor.java
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2001 06:00:05 GMT
On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, kevin seguin wrote:

> i've been thinking about this, and, well, isn't this BaseRequest you're
> talking about kind of what org.apache.coyote.Request is?  does it make
> sense to have two of these kinds of objects hanging around?  is
> o.a.c.Request roughly equivalent to core.Request in tomcat 3??

Certainly not for the second part - the core.Request in tomcat3 has a lot
of tomcat3-specific code ( Container, ContextManager, calls to hooks to
get special info like encoding, etc ).

The BaseRequest ( or o.a.c.Request ) is focused on the
"basic" information associated with a request, as received by the protocol
adapter.

For the first part - that's true, AjpRequest is very similar in goal with
o.a.c.Request ( thanks to the refactoring you did :-).

As I said, I like o.a.coyote, but right now my goal is to see Ajp14
working, and using the existing (working) AjpRequest is easier. Also,
coyote has more than the base request - I would let this settle down.

Costin