tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [T4] Three things
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 08:55:09 GMT

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Punky Tse wrote:

> > #1. I have been able to compile Tomcat 4 for the FIRST time in about 6
> > months without a lot of painful work. Woo hoo!
> >
> Agree.  I have the same experience before.  But a few days ago I tried
> again, I did it.  How amazing.  Thanks a lot, guys.
>
> Now my only complain for building TC4 from cvs is that I cannot find out how
> to make build/ and dist/ directories to some places other than under
> jakarta-tomcat-4.0.  Could any body help me out?
>
> Regards,
> Punky

You should just be able to override "tomcat.build" and
"tomcat.dist" properties in your local build.properties file.  One of the
advantages of the build.properties approach is that you can override *any*
property definition in Ant, not just the ones that were passed from the
build.sh or build.bat scripts.

Craig