tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Downey <steve.dow...@netfolio.com>
Subject RE: Ways of Debugging tomcat itself..
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:24:19 GMT
With netbeans, in particular, an important trick is to disable the inclusion
of its embedded tomcat in the executor and debugger. With 3.2, I think
that's the {library} keyword. It changed between 3.1 and 3.2, I believe.

Otherwise you're debugging the IDE, not the instance of Tomcat you're
building.

Other than that, it's really straightforward. Add all the different source
trees to the filesystem, set up a cross compiler pointing to the build
directory, which needs to be mounted also, and the do builds as normal, or
by using Ant.

Use org.apache.tomcat.startup.Main as the main class. Look at tomcat.sh for
the system defines to add also.

electronic mail transmission
may contain confidential information and is intended only for the person(s)
named.  Any use, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please notify