tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <>
Subject RE: #define JK_VERSION in j-t-c (doesn't exist)
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:26:33 GMT
>Ah. So it's really the jk version I need then so people can build the
>connector whether they have the latest j-t-c source or something like
>the Tomcat 3.2 source distro. It would be useful to have an API version
>number somewhere.

* mod_jk in TC 3.2 is +/- frozen (only major bugs fixe) :

 we could version it : 1.0.x

* mod_jk in TC 3.3 is not frozen but there will be no major feature added :

 we could version it : 1.1.x

* mod_jk in J-T-C will continue its evolution :

 we could version it : 1.2.x

>How about
>#define JK_EXPOSED_VERSION ("mod_jk/1.1a1")  <== exists now
>#define JK_VERSION 1                         <== proposed
>in jk_global.h? There should be some defined mapping between
>the version
>string and the number too I suppose.

May we use something like Apache 2.0 :

#define JK_MODULE_BASEPRODUCT	"mod_jk"
#define JK_MODULE_BASEREVISION	"1.2.0-dev"

But what do you means by users building from j-t-c or 3.2/3.3 ?

View raw message