tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <>
Subject RE: Comment on DOXYGEN -> use ANTLR
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2001 06:28:58 GMT
I've got a discussion with Terence Parr [],
antlr creator :

> hgomez wrote :
> It's not directly related, but in the apache jakarta tomcat project
> we're looking for a java tool which could parse C code to generate
> documentations (à la javadoc). Currently we use Scandoc and others
> use doxygen but rather like to use a 100% java tool.

> Could antlr help us ?

You bet...i've built a number of C and C-like parsers with ANTLR and
its progenitor PCCTS.  In fact, check out the GNU C grammar for ANTLR:

That should get you started :)  let me know if I can help...i have
lots of opinions ;)

May be the best track for us ? Who could take a look at it ?

Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL :        (. .)