tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Tuukk4 |[:)<-<| p4s4n3n" <illuu...@lycos.com>
Subject JSP and ClassLoading (Still)
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 07:52:39 GMT
hi again,

Yesterday i downloaded new CVS wersion of Tomcat because i noticed there were changes about
class reloading in Jasper but i like to discuss couple of problems that still remains.

1)
  Why Classloader refresh is placed in org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader nor in org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet
because that causes that you must Touch (in unix) or Make some changes in Windows to JSP file
to get new classloader. So i make succestion that been moved to JSPServlet in start loadJSP
because then we can get new ClassLoader everytime JSP reloads (If we want to. But we must
check wheather is has changed from old one or not) and then classloading scheme in JasperLoader
can remain untouch and pretty working i think. I like to heard what other thinks about this
is just my opinion because i'm developer of JSP by myself and i just get sad if have to touch
everytime i like to use my new classes (but i can live with this because i don't have to reload
whole tomcat)..

2)
  other problem that remains still unsolved is this in org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardLoader

private void setClassLoader() {

     //other code:)

      if (servletContext instanceof ApplicationContext)
            ((ApplicationContext) servletContext).setAttributeReadOnly
                (Globals.CLASS_LOADER_ATTR);

    }

this reverts that the Jasper will never have new ClassLoader (or i just do get it:) but if
you comment these lines out everything works just fine read classes changes but read 1) carefully.
So i as why that ReadOnly thing is done??

I just wondered these yesterday and thinked i must ask because i like to see this option to
work as fine as it can.. (It's wery helpfull in develoment)

Tuukka

---
--Me olemme keskella jotain. jossa olemme totaalisen ulkopuolisia--

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!