tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: problem with mod_webapp
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 02:49:15 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz at jerenkrantz@ebuilt.com wrote:

> Yup, that's what httpd-2.0 does.  Just require them to slap the apr
> sources in srclib (or something like that).
>
> APR isn't standalone just yet.  I was shocked when I saw that
> mod_webapp required an install of APR.  =)  -- justin

I've checked out actually in detail what APR does for building itself, and a
lot of resourceful information can be found also in build/rules.mk, that
gets generated by the APR configure script... I believe that using that an
APRVAR we could keep the webapp configure script to a minimum, and work from
what actually APR provides us...

I'm still pretty concerned by the extensive use of LibTool in APR, but I
believe that actually tying up more closely the build process to the APR one
wouldn't be so bad...

What do you think?

    Pier

BTW, thanks Justyn for the number of hints you're posting today, it's
finally nice to see someone giving some "technical" advices to the whole
webapp stuff (I thought I was completely alone on this)... Keep doing it! :)