tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: problem with mod_webapp
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 01:31:50 GMT
Pier P. Fumagalli at pier@betaversion.org wrote:

> Justin Erenkrantz at jerenkrantz@ebuilt.com wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 05:09:31PM -0400, Donald Ball wrote:
>>> strange, libapr seems to include libmm, but i went ahead and built and
>>> installed libmm seperately in /usr/local/lib. okay, geez, now i get this
>>> error:
>>
>> It includes it, but mod_webapp doesn't link it.  It seems that Pier is
>> whipping up a new process for mod_webapp that fixes this.  Cool.
>
> Oh, just found out about the existance of APR_VARS, I heard about it, but
> was never able to spot it... (yeah yeah, I'm dumb, what-EVER! :)

What if (random thoughts coming out now), instead of requiring people to
build APR (since that seems the biggest source of problems), we don't simply
ask them where the tarball is, and then in our configure script, we
configure it, and then build it together while building the module...

In that way we won't have troubles with previous APR installations/builds,
we _know_ what we're going to supply to the APR configure script and we
solve all those troubles?

    Pier