tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [J-T-C] 1 second for crash (core)
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2001 01:14:10 GMT
Pier P. Fumagalli at pier@betaversion.org wrote:

> Gotcha... Going off-list.. :)

Just an update, so you don't feel left out...

Got the core, GDBed it, and it seems that it's not actually a problem with
WebApp, but rather with (hearya hearya, LIBPTHREAD on Francesco's box - damn
Italians :)... That's exactly where it hangs and dumps core, while reading
that library.

What I suspect (I suspect, I don't know it _yet_ :) is that since he has ALL
POSSIBLE configured modules in his copy of Apache (the list is 2 pages, damn
Italians :) it might be possible that one of those modules has been compiled
with something "incompatible" with libpthread... (maybe an older or newer
copy of libpthread itself statically linked somewhere).

I asked him to remove some modules, and we'll see from there (since the last
one I found was that webapp was blocking CGI script headers, it must be
clashing somewhere with the other modules)...

    Pier