tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject [t4] yet another classloader muckup...
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 18:25:30 GMT
I haven't tried a recent snapshot of Catalina (after remy's recent
classloader changes)...but, this is something that is being reported on the
Turbine mailing list as well as I have seen it on my own...

What happens is that when the classloader reloads, for some reason, Village
is not found in the WEB-INF/lib directory (even though it is there) and we
get a NCDFE...

Craig/Remy, think you can help? Will Remy's recent changes fix this problem?

-jon

Without doing anything else, approximately 5 to 20 seconds later the
following exception appears in the Catalina console window:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/workingdogs/village/KeyDef at
org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.doUpdate(BasePeer.java:1631) at
org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.doUpdate(BasePeer.java:1578) at
org.apache.turbine.om.security.peer.TurbineUserPeer.doUpdate(TurbineUserPeer
.java:463) at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.store(DBUserManager.ja
va:272) at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.saveUser(BaseSecuri
tyService.java:379) at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.saveUser(TurbineSecurit
y.java:261) at
org.apache.turbine.om.security.TurbineUser.valueUnbound(TurbineUser.java:649
) at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.removeAttribute(StandardSession.
java:953) at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.expire(StandardSession.java:551)
at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.processExpires(StandardManager.j
ava:744) at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.run(StandardManager.java:815) at
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

This class appears to exist in village-1.5.1.jar so I don't see why the
exception is occurring or if it relates to my screen transition problem.

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous