tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Evans <rbev...@akane.jhuapl.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0/Solaris why doesn't tomcat follow soft links?
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:59:48 GMT
Craig,

Thanks!  I missed that in the docs when I first went through them.  I found
the documentation on this feature, and now am wondering how much you know
about it.

On the system I am forced to configure this on, the users accounts are
mounted from a central nfs server.  This means that they do not have
entries in the /etc/passwd file, which I gather from the documentation is
used to generate the default Contexts.  It appears there is a "homeBase"
option which allows you to specify the location of a series of home
directories.  Do you know if I can use "/home", as the students directories
are automounted there?  Or do the home directories have to be hardmounted?

I'm experimenting with this option on a test server I have, and haven't
gotten it to work with a test case yet...If I get something working I'll
let you know.

A very appreciative,

Bob Evans