tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: problem with mod_webapp
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:39:34 GMT
On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 02:31:50AM +0100, Pier P. Fumagalli wrote:
> What if (random thoughts coming out now), instead of requiring people to
> build APR (since that seems the biggest source of problems), we don't simply
> ask them where the tarball is, and then in our configure script, we
> configure it, and then build it together while building the module...

I disagree with this level of automation. IMHO, the scripts already attempt
to do too much, and because they make assumptions about your apache setup
they end up failing prematurely. I'd rather see a script that simply builds
mod_webapp.so, and then a README that describes what one needs to do to
get it configured (good to separate install from configure).

-aaron