tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: [tomcat-dev] [J-T-C] What about ajp13 refactory in java ?
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:19:01 GMT
On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 10:06:07AM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
>                           Apache Tomcat Connectors
>                           ========================
>

> Introduction
> ============
>
> This CVS module contains the code for the Tomcat Connectors. It currently
> contains two distinct connectors: jk and webapp. This module also contains
> utility classes that are used by the connectors as well as Tomcat itself.
> The components are:
>
> Connectors
> ----------
>
> * jk: The native and java parts of the ajp12/ajp13 [is this correct?]
>   connector. Both Tomcat 4.0 and Tomcat 3.3 are supported.
>
> * webapp: The native and java parts of the ajp14 connector, now known
>   as mod_webapp and warp respectively.

Whoops, that's obviously not correct. warp is the protocol (right?),
mod_webapp is the webserver module (Apache et al), and do we have a
name for "the java part"? How about this instead:

* webapp: The native and java parts of the connector that implements
  the warp protocol (ajp14). This includes mod_webapp for integration
  with a frontend webserver (like Apache).

-aaron