tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Fabien Le Floc'h <...@operamail.com>
Subject problems running a servlet that uses core catalina classes
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 21:50:24 GMT
Hello,

I am sorry to bother you. But I am trying to write a servlet that uses some core apache classes
and I have problems running it.

- If I use a war archive, tomcat does not find the tomcat classes/servlet classes when it
starts the servlet. (ClassNoDefFound error). If I then add the catalina.jar and servlet.jar
to the classpath, I have a conflict between classes loaded dynamically by tomcat and classes
in the classpath. (More precisely I have an object whose class is ServletWrapper but is not
an instance of ServletWrapper. This is because (I guess) the object is created by the Tomcat
classloader and it is compared with an instance of the classpath objects),

- If I put the jar file in the common/lib directory, it finds the servlet classes but not
the tomcat classes.

- If I put the jar file in server/lib directory, it does not load my servlet.

The only way I can make it work is to put it in the catalina.jar file. But that is not nice
at all.

Could someone help me with this?

Thank you.

Fabien Le Floc'h

P.S.: I was wondering if it was user or developer oriented... As I want to use core Tomcat
classes I thought it was developer but maybe I am wrong. Then I apologize.