tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <m...@filip.net>
Subject RE: Tomcat Interceptors - proof read, anyone?
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 20:11:07 GMT
> - licence. Tomcat is licenced under Apache, and from various reasons it's
> not easy to "bundle" apache and gpl-licenced code.

yeah, I am aware of this :).
However the tomcatbook project is an independent project and I am not the
owner of the project, so I would have to talk to the dudes. I forsee that
the Tomcat project could reference the book as a documentation. The outline
of the book actually covers almost everything you can do with Tomcat and
Apache together. I just wrote the chapter on the interceptors because I have
dug around alot in the code :)

> - existing docs. If you are interested in helping with the documentation,
> maybe you can help a bit with the current documentation too.

definitely would be interested in that. Starting June I will have some more
free time, I will get in touch with you then.

> Having a well-organized book would be far better than the current
> disparate notes, and when it's ready we could point to it or include it (
> if the licence is compatible ).

probably "pointing to it" will be a good thing.

talk to you later.
Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you