tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Saegesser" <marc.saeges...@apropos.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] jakarta-tomcat-site repository
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 19:41:04 GMT
I went to update the Jakarta Tomcat home page to include a description of
the  various releases (3.1.1, 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 3.3, 4.0) and discovered that
the Tomcat page is kind of whacked.  It looks like the stuff that's
currently checked out under /www/jakarta.apache.org/tomcat is actually from
the jakarta-site-old repository.  The repository indicated in the CVS
directory is actually jakarta-site, but that repository has been changed
into a link to jakarta-site2.

I propose that we create a new repository, jakarta-tomcat-site, that follows
the jakarta-site2 format.  This repository would be the central location for
posting news and information for all the Tomcat development efforts that are
currently spread across four source repositories (jakarta-tomcat,
jakarta-tomcat-4.0, jakarta-tomcat-connectors and jakarta-tomcat-jasper).

The existing tomcat site is trivial; there is only a single page.  I don't
have the karma to create the new repository, but once created I will
populate it with everything required to build the site to make it look like
it does now and update jakarta-apache.org to point to the new site.
Developers working on the other Tomcat sub projects could then update the
site as they see fit.

All existing tomcat committers would have commit rights to the new
repository.