tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Saegesser" <marc.saeges...@apropos.com>
Subject RE: Slow session creating Tomcat 3.2.1
Date Fri, 25 May 2001 13:47:05 GMT
The initialization of Tomcat's Psuedo Random Number Generator (PRNG) can
take several seconds on some platforms.  The PRNG is initialized when the
first session is created (its used to generate the session IDs).  There are
some hacks you can use in 3.2.1 to avoid this, but the best solution will be
to upgrade to Tomcat 3.2.2 which should be released shortly.  The PRNG
initialization is fast enough in this release to not be noticable.