tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Downey <steve.dow...@netfolio.com>
Subject RE: Trying New Connectors Build Stuff
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 12:49:15 GMT
With cygwin, it should build using ./configure && make && make check &&
make
install. It's just another flavour for autoconf. Although it didn't used to
be true, recently I am more surprised when a package does _not_ build using
cygtools.

However, the unix emulation layer is nowhere near as efficient as win32
native at such important tasks as disk and socket I/O.

It's a wonderful user level tool. I use it everyday for many things. But
deploying production systems isn't one of the things I'd do.

However, since I just recently sold management on linux/apache/tomcat as our
next gen platform, and I can put that on my desktop as well, it's not much
skin off my nose if the connectors are suboptimal on NT. <g>

electronic mail transmission
may contain confidential information and is intended only for the person(s)
named.  Any use, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please notify