tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Dave Oxley" <tomcat_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.2.2 beta 4
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 11:07:44 GMT
That has fixed that problem. I can now run under Wjview (the M$ VM).

I have just found another problem though. This is not a new problem with
3.2.2. We have just started using the O'Reily HttpMessage code to send a
Post message to a servlet from another servlet (in the same virtual
machine). The Stream within the POST contains a Vector of Serializable
objects. The POST works as expected, no problems, but when shutting down
Tomcat we get the following stack trace and the process never finishes. This
is using TC3.2.2b4 with Apache 1.3.17 (I will try 1.3.19).

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.handleError(ContextManager.java:1160)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:800)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp13ConnectionHandler.java:160)
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
2001-03-08 11:17:32 - Ctx(  ): 404 R( /spweb/servlet/StaffPlannerServlet)
null
2001-03-08 11:17:32 - Ctx(  ): Exception in: R(
/spweb/servlet/StaffPlannerServlet) - java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.handleStatus(ContextManager.java:1058)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:775)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp13ConnectionHandler.java:160)
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I will write a little sample program if you think it is worthwhile and post
it to the group.

Dave.
Dave@JungleMoss.com