tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Dave Oxley" <tomcat_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.2.2 beta 4
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 17:31:34 GMT
I posted this before but got no response.

The change to SessionUtil.java 1.5.2.2 to 1.5.2.3 (3.2.1->3.2.2b1) has
caused the Microsoft Virtual Machine to fall over when running Tomcat. The
M$ VM does not like internal classes defined within methods (I think this is
the problem) and throws a NoClassDefFoundException.

I am running Windows2000 with IE5.5(a vm update came with 5.5) although it
is probably the same on all M$ VMs.

This means that I cannot debug servlets in Visual J++ which is a real
problem for us. (Until we find an IDE as stable and fast as VJ++!)

Dave
Dave@JungleMoss.com