tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bartsch Axel <Axel.Bart...@srit.siemens.fr>
Subject sessions across ServletContexts
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 17:22:11 GMT
Hi,

I am using TOMCAT 3.3 together with Apache (mode JK).

I have defined 2 servlet contexts (two directories below webapps) with one TOMCAT instance.

Now a user logs in at a servlet within context1 and a HttpSession object is created.
Then this request is forwarded to a servlet within context2 or the user accesses this servlet
(within context2) directly (or via a HREF on a HTML page).

The servlet within context2 then cannot find the HttpSession and rejects the access.

How can I have the servlet within context2 find the HttpSession (created within context1)?

Axel          Lannion/France