tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Hawkins, Keith (Keith)" <kphawk...@avaya.com>
Subject RE: FW: Any known issues with Tomcat 3.2.1 and class loading ?
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 19:10:14 GMT
No, they are not .zip files.  They are .jar files.  Specifically
jndi.jar, ldap.jar and providerutil.jar, which are provided by
Sun for accessing LDAP databases via JNDI.    I was able to
get the Tomcat to load these classes but only by editing the
wrapper.class_path property in the wrapper.properties config file.
But I was under the impression that simply putting the Sun jar
files in the WEB-INF/lib directory along with my servlet.jar file
would be sufficient and eliminate the need to edit wrapper.properties.

Am I off base here?  Is there some limitation to having more than one
jar file in WEB-INF/lib?

-Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Kellie Miller [mailto:Kellie.Miller@boeing.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 2:15 PM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: Any known issues with Tomcat 3.2.1 and class loading ?

I have had some success with renaming .zip files .jar (your mileage may
vary).

cheers,
Kellie

WEB-INF/lib
>directory for my servlet fail to load when accessed under Tomcat.  Yet
the
>classes load fine when accessed via test programs that use the very
same
>jar files and call the same servlet methods.
>
>Seems like Tomcat is not working as advertised with respect to
>automatically adding jar files from  <servletdir>/WEB-INF/lib to the
classpath.

>Can anyone confirm whether this is a known issue?
>
>Thanks,
>Keith

Kellie Miller, Advanced Computing Technologist
Boeing PhantomWorks, Math & Computing Technology, Huntsville Center
Email: Kellie.Miller@boeing.com Phone: 256-461-2604 Fax: 256-461-3239
Post: PO Box 240002, MC JW-75, Huntsville, AL 35824-6402