tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: connector status in tomcat 4
Date Tue, 29 May 2001 08:04:50 GMT
>Ok, another question then.

Please,

>What is it that the connector has to be able to do? Is it
>sufficient if it
>simply can forward the HTTP request to tomcat or does it need
>to play around
>with it? I guess it must do something or the disscusion on ajp13/jk and
>warp/webapp wouldn't be.

The web-server connector forward request to tomcat and add some
information, like the SESSION-COOKIES. In return the tomcat add
a var, jvmroute, which is used in load-balancing config to be sure
that the same tomcat will serve the next queries for that session.

The connector use a simple protocol, ajp12/13/14, to forward the
request. You may imagine a web-connector forwarding the request
using HTTP protocol, but this one is more complex to handle.