tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] jakarta-tomcat-site repository
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 22:52:48 GMT
on 5/15/01 12:41 PM, "Marc Saegesser" <marc.saegesser@apropos.com> wrote:

> I went to update the Jakarta Tomcat home page to include a description of
> the  various releases (3.1.1, 3.2.1, 3.2.2, 3.3, 4.0) and discovered that
> the Tomcat page is kind of whacked.  It looks like the stuff that's
> currently checked out under /www/jakarta.apache.org/tomcat is actually from
> the jakarta-site-old repository.  The repository indicated in the CVS
> directory is actually jakarta-site, but that repository has been changed
> into a link to jakarta-site2.

Ahahaha...yup...I got tired of fixing everyone's stuff for them.

> I propose that we create a new repository, jakarta-tomcat-site, that follows
> the jakarta-site2 format.  This repository would be the central location for
> posting news and information for all the Tomcat development efforts that are
> currently spread across four source repositories (jakarta-tomcat,
> jakarta-tomcat-4.0, jakarta-tomcat-connectors and jakarta-tomcat-jasper).

Intelligent proposal. I hope that you also mean that you will use Anakia as
the tool to generate the site.

> The existing tomcat site is trivial; there is only a single page.  I don't
> have the karma to create the new repository, but once created I will
> populate it with everything required to build the site to make it look like
> it does now and update jakarta-apache.org to point to the new site.
> Developers working on the other Tomcat sub projects could then update the
> site as they see fit.

Craig has apmail access. All he needs to do is setup the proper alias. I
also just confirmed that you have karma for the jakarta-site2 module and
added karma for a jakarta-tomcat-site module. Please wait to do the import
until Craig can setup the aliases.

> All existing tomcat committers would have commit rights to the new
> repository.

Yup. I can't wait for the war to break out over who gets top billing. T3 or
T4. :-)

-jon