tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Mutsaers <pe...@mutsaers.com>
Subject Re: Webapp initialization (tomcat 4)
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 18:09:32 GMT
>> "Glenn" == Glenn Nielsen <glenn@voyager.apg.more.net> writes:

    Glenn> Tomcat 4.0 supports JNDI and JDBC DataSource pooling.  I
    Glenn> configure a named JNDI JDBC DataSource in the
    Glenn> <DefaultContext .. />, which is then available to all web
    Glenn> applications for a Host.

    Glenn> Here is an example from my server.xml (sensitive paramater
    Glenn> data replaced with generic)

Thanks, this looks like the way to do it.

I guess I have to put my implementing class in $CATALINA_HOME/classes?
Or in $CATALINA_HOME/lib/classes?!?

Is this, and the <Resource> tag, somewhere documented? for example I'm
wondering about the auth= attribute.

--
Peter Mutsaers  |  Dübendorf    | UNIX - Live free or die
plm@gmx.li      |  Switzerland  | Sent via FreeBSD 4.3-stable