tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bingham, Talin" <>
Subject Using Tomcat to serve XML files for WAP devices
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 23:51:58 GMT
Has anyone been able to use a JSP page that includes a WML file as follows:
<%@ include file= "demo.wml" %>

and then in the demo.wml file, invoke another WML file as follows:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <card id="home" title="MADK Home">
       <select name="type" title="My topics">
	   <option value="myExceptions"
	   <option value="Reports" onpick="reports.wml">Reports</option>

When I select either option in the demo.wml file using a WAP emulator,
Tomcat doesn't seem to serve up the file because I assume it doesn't know
what a WML file is.  I get a "file not found" error.  I've tried modifying
the web.xml file to add a new mime type (tried both text/plain and text/wml)
to no avail.

Any help out there?

Talin Bingham
Verticore Technologies
801 453 9111

Delivering $55 billion in measurable operational effectiveness to our
clients by 2008.

View raw message