tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Doubleday <>
Subject Re: Jasper performance
Date Fri, 18 May 2001 13:39:08 GMT
At 07:51 AM 5/18/01, Geir wrote:

>Those aren't comparable, 'Velocity templates' and 'general purpose
>servlet container', because Velocity is just a template tool - you still
>need the servlet and servlet container.

That was exactly my point when I said Velocity doesn't really do anything
to prevent DOS attacks, either. Any Velocity app requires a servlet
back-end, and if I'm going to host user apps, I'm going to have to let them
install servlets, in which case they can put in the same ever-looping code.

Dennis Doubleday          email:, Inc.           web:

View raw message