tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Re: 3.2.2. When's it shipping?
Date Fri, 18 May 2001 06:49:58 GMT
Marc Saegesser wrote:

> I bloody hope so.
>
> Here's the plan.  Beta 5 was released on Friday, May 11.  This beta
> cycle is planned for one week.  Unless someone reports a show
> stopping bug, and so far I haven't seen one, on Friday, May 18th.
> I'll call release vote on tomcat-dev.  This vote lasts for one week
> and every committer gets to vote. A public release vote is open for
> one week.  So, the best case right now is May 28th.

Not sure if this would be a showstopper however, there is a bug in
jasper/runtime/JspFactoryImpl.java which causes a NullPointerException.
Fixed in 3.3 but not in 3.2.2

I'm relatively new to tomcat so am not sure of the bug reporting process
but I sent report of a bug to this list a couple of days ago.

Just tested it with b5 - bug still exists.

tomcat run -security

gives nullPointerException in jasper/runtime/JspFactoryImpl.java

due to no check for pageContext == null in releasePageContext

This is fixed in 3.3

if (pc == null) return

Rgds
Antony