tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>
Subject Re: Webapp initialization (tomcat 4)
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 01:06:26 GMT
Tomcat 4.0 supports JNDI and JDBC DataSource pooling.

I configure a named JNDI JDBC DataSource in the <DefaultContext .. />,
which is then available to all web applications for a Host.

Here is an example from my server.xml (sensitive paramater data replaced with generic)

        <DefaultContext debug="0" reloadable="true">

          <!-- JNDI Named JDBC DataSource -->
          <Resource name="jdbc/test" auth="CONTAINER"
                    type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
          <ResourceParams name="jdbc/test">
              <value>jdbc:mysql://localhost/test</value>
            </parameter>
          </ResourceParams>

          <!-- JNDI Named MimePartDataSource for sending email via SMTP -->
          <Resource name="mail/send" auth="CONTAINER"
                    type="javax.mail.internet.MimePartDataSource"/>
          <ResourceParams name="mail/send">
              <value>org.apache.naming.factory.SendMailFactory</value>
            </parameter>
              <value>your.smtp.host</value>
            </parameter>
              <value>joeuser</value>