tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.cl...@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Subject Re: configure for jakarta-tomcat-connectors
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 17:37:30 GMT
cmanolache@yahoo.com wrote:

> Wow, it is so good to see development discussion on tomcat-dev, and be
> able to participate :-)
>
> I have a big question - what happens if configure/libtool is used and
> different options are given for mod_jk and apache ?
>
> I can't give a concrete example, but APXS had the big benefit that it
> "cached" all the decisions taken when Apache was built, and that insured
> that the same decisions were used when building modules.

Using configure/libtool allows to find JAVA_HOME for jni. And will allow to
build a static mod_jk.
Of course if --with-apxs is used the configure/libtool should try to read the
parameters from apxs or even use apxs instead libtool (even if I still do not
know how to it right now!).

The first step (try) I have done uses APXS, configure is just used to find
whether to use apache-1.3 or apache-2.0.

By the way I have a question: Why jk_jni_worker.c is in common not in jni? What
it is used for? (I have to add JAVA_HOME to the configure for it and I am
curious).