tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.cl...@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Subject Re: ajp13 and tomcat 4
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 14:46:40 GMT
kevin seguin wrote:

> GOMEZ Henri wrote:
> >
> > The discussion about jakarta-tomcat-connectors is closed and the CVS
> > is created (even if I still couldn't access it)....
> >
> > >-kevin.
> > >
> > >btw, the reason i'm so interested in this because i want to make the
> > >switch from tc3 to tc4, but i *have* to have connector support for iis
> > >and netscape before i can do that :)
> >
> > jakarta-tomcat-connector will contains both up to date native mod_jk
> > code and java code for TC 3.2/3.3/4.0, so I really recommand you
> > to commit your code there.....
>
> will the ajp13 connector go in there two?  currently, it relies on core
> catalina classes to build.  if the ajp13 connector is in
> jakarta-tomcat-connector, it'll require a catalina.jar to build.  that's
> fine with me though...

javac --classpath /tomcat_path/.../catalina.jar *.java
jar cf Ajp13.jar *.class

> any thoughts on the directory structure in jakarta-tomcat-connector?
> i'm assuming there's going to be common ajpxx code, then
> ajpxx-servletcontainer-connector code, then common util code (i.e.
> MessageBytes, OutputBuffer), etc..  any ideas on how this will all be
> segmented out?

like jakarta-tomcat-connectors/mod_jk/java/org/apache.../ajp13/*.java
jakarta-tomcat-connectors/mod_jk/java/org/apache.../ajpcommon/*.java
jakarta-tomcat-connectors/mod_jk/java/org/apache.../connectors/*.java
jakarta-tomcat-connectors/mod_jk/apache-1.3 for apache-1.3 and so on?

Should we really use Ant? To build the C files on many platforms we will
need configure, why not doing like JServ in the past? - A configure that
asks or guesses the Webserver location, Tomcat location and java path -

Cheers

Jean-frederic