tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Session per context question
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 11:59:54 GMT
Hi,

Is it correct behaviour for Tomcat to create a different session when a
call is made to request.getSession(true) if the context is different.

I ask because I have a realm implementation that caches stuff in session
relating to authentication.  I have two contexts in server.xml and each
context defines its own JAAS authentication parameters in web.xml.  My
realm can then determine if a user is authenticated in a particular
context.  To do this I am using session in the realm and noticed that
each context has a different session.

Can someone please explain how Tomcat determines if a session should be
created when getSession(true) is called.

Rgds
Antony
--
Antony Bowesman