tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From kevin seguin <seg...@motive.com>
Subject load-on-startup / classloader bug??
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 23:58:54 GMT
i have a servlet that creates a thread in it's service method.  this
thread basically does a bunch of initialization stuff.

when i add a load-on-startup element for this servlet in web.xml, it
reports a NoClassDefFoundError on a class in the same package as the
servlet.

i have not seen this problem with any other load-on-startup servlets.
the only difference is that this servlet kicks off a new thread.

ideas?  is this a bug, or just bad programming on my part (well, not
really my part, but that's another story...)?

i started to look through the startup/loader/class loader, but quickly
got overwhelmed :)

-kevin.