tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <>
Subject RE: bug 235, request problem
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 13:27:57 GMT
The bug 235 is fixed for some times now, but was incorrectly
marked as open.
I'm also using Apache 1.3.19 (with mod_ssl 2.8.2) and TC 3.2.2b4
or TC 3.3 from CVS.
I'm using ajp13 (and ajp12) and got no problem (I got the
correct user and auth type :!!!)

Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL :        (. .)

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Meijer []
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 8:55 AM
Subject: bug 235, request problem

Dear subscribers,
I've recently encountered a problem regarding to the mod_jk connector. When
I used Basic Authentication with the Apache server (1.3.19) and tried to get
the name of the user who has logged in, I get an old username from someone
who had logged in a couple of hours ago. I have Tomcat version 3.2 installed
to use Java.
When I printed the headers of the request and the
request.getPrincipal().getName(), the latter keeps changing the
authenticated username in my loginname and of someone else, while the
request headers keeps the same.
I was wondering if this was due to bug 235?
If so, in which release is this bug fixed?
If not, maybe someone could tell me where to find a solution to this
Thanks in advance,
Sogyo, Masters in e-Technology ( <> )
Peter Meijer

View raw message