tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: ANNOUNCE - web-connector
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 07:26:19 GMT
>> The goals of the revolution are:
>>
>> - improved ajp13: better configuration,etc
>> - build improvements
>> - support all tomcat versions
>> - single codebase that will be used for all versions (
>reduce maintainance
>> overhead )
>> - add apr support
>> - libtool and autoconf support
>> - improved security and protocol negociation
>
>Could you also please add full Servlet API 2.3 support? We don't need
>another web connector that only half supports the latest servlet spec.

Each trip start with an initial step, but yes we can add this one.
The current protocol AJP13 couldn't statisfy API 2.3 but I'll send
later today a proposal for AJP14 which may overcome the AJP13
limitations regarding API 2.3

And I hope to see Pier contribute also in that project....

>thanks,

Il est normal d'ĂȘtre exigeant.