tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Wildeboer, Tonnis" <twild...@Covad.COM>
Subject RE: Any known issues with Tomcat 3.2.1 and class loading ?
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 17:05:10 GMT
If they are .zip files you'll have to add them to the CLASSPATH yourself.

--Tonnis
-----Original Message-----
From: Hawkins, Keith (Keith) [mailto:kphawkins@avaya.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 8:24 AM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Any known issues with Tomcat 3.2.1 and class loading ?

Dear Developers:

Are there any known issues with class loading under Tomcat 3.2.1?

My situation is that classes in jar files that reside in the WEB-INF/lib
directory for my servlet fail to load when accessed under Tomcat.  Yet the
classes load fine when accessed via test programs that use the very same jar
files and call the same servlet methods.

Seems like Tomcat is not working as advertised with respect to automatically
adding jar files from  <servletdir>/WEB-INF/lib to the classpath.

Can anyone confirm whether this is a known issue?

Thanks,
Keith