tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Kartashov <andrey.kartas...@sonatainc.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 3.2.2 beta 4
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 22:46:12 GMT
On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 05:15:46PM -0500, Marc Saegesser wrote:
> Tomcat 3.2.2 beta 4 is available for download.  If you can provide binaries
> for various please send them to me or update the FTP site.  Thanks.

Hi, all!
I've made a little modification in Tomcat 3.2.1 codebase that I think would
be nice to include in TC 3.2.2.

Problem: shutdown script always connects to "localhost" to send shutdown command.
It is a problem on a "multihomed" machine running multiple tomcats where
tomcats use same port numbers but bound to different IP adresses using inet=""
configuration option in server.xml.

Fix: query PoolTcpConnector.INET attribute in shutdown code.

Attached please find a little patch file. This is patch against my repository
and TC 3.2.1 but I checked the very same file
(src/share/org/apache/tomcat/task/StopTomcat.java) in TC 3.2.2 beta 4 and it
was identical to the old one, so I beleive the patch would be the same.

Thanks.

--
oo Andrey
oo