tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Victor González <vgonza...@finaccess.com.mx>
Subject URGENT!
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 23:31:24 GMT

Hi!, I get the following exceptions from tomcat when I try to access a secure JSP using Veisign
certificates:

	2001-03-22 03:47:18 - Ctx(  ): 400 R( /) null
	2001-03-22 03:47:18 - Ctx(  ): IOException in: R( /) Socket closed

And the browser displays the following message:

	The page cannot be displayed

I can get Tomcat SSL working if I generate the .keystore the following way:

	keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

But when I:

	1. generate a request and key;
		openssl req -new -out REQ.pem -keyout KEY.pem
	2. generate a self signed certificate;
		openssl req -x509 -in REQ.pem -key KEY.pem -out CERT.pem
	3. and finally import the certificate into the .keystore;
		keytool -import -v -trustcacerts -alias tomcat -file
CERT.pem

I need this to work so I can use a certificate from verisign.

PLEASE IF YOU WILL FIX THIS WITH A PATCH, LET ME KNOW WHEN IT BE AVAILABLE, BECAUSE WE ARE
REALLY URGENT TO MAKE THIS WORK.

ANOTHER ISSUE, WHEN WE TRY TO CONNECT THE APACHE-SSL WITH TOMCAT WE CAN'T MADE IT WORK, WHERE
CAN QWE FIND A HOW-TO FOR THIS PROBLEM, WE READ THE ON-LINE DOCUMENTATION AND IT DOESN'T WORK.

Thanks!!!