tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard Wan" <richard...@servidium.com>
Subject Re: tomcat serves .jsp file contained in WEB-INF
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 23:09:46 GMT
From: "Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org>
> It's legal to access either of these URLs, however, in the following ways:
>     RequestDispatcher rd =
>      getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/WEB-INF/inside.jsp");
>     rd.forward(request, response);

Is the ability to request dispatch to a .jsp inside WEB-INF part
of the Servlet 2.2 spec or a tomcat specific feature?  I ask because
when I read it only said that direct requests to WEB-INF were
disallowed and did not say anything about request dispatches.
In addition, I know for a fact that jRun 3.0 does not allow request
dispatches to WEB-INF.

Richard F. Wan
email: richardwan@servidium.com
Phone: 403 263 3287
Fax:  403 265 5690
Servidium Inc. Suite 800, 840 7th Ave SW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P 3G2