tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Problem with JNI...
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:57:04 GMT
Daniel Diaz at Daniel.Diaz@inria.fr wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have now another strange problem. I have reinstalled my machine with a
> RedHat 7.0, here is the unmae -a output:
>
> Linux lima.univ-paris1.fr 2.2.16-22 #1 Tue Aug 22 16:49:06 EDT 2000 i686
> unknown
>
> but my previous JNI application no longer works (even afetr a total
> recompilation). Trying to localize the problem I found that I could not even
> launch the JVM. This simple program does not run:
>
> [...]
>
> Do you have any idea ?

Yes, someone is sending a signal 11 to the JVM and the main thread of the
process (the one calling CreateVM) has not been released from the VM whilst
it's receiving the signal... (This was discussed over at the JSR-096 meeting
last week)...

It's tricky but you invoke the "main" method within a new thread created
from within the JVM and have the main thread to return into a sleep() loop
outside the scope of any JNI method...

    Pier