tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject "Just say no to JSP" Re: [Fwd: Tomcat may reveal script source code by URL trickery]
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 18:24:48 GMT
on 4/4/01 11:06 AM, "Brad Cox" <bcox@virtualschool.edu> wrote:

> My article about a servlet-based alternative to JSP is in this
> month's Dr. Dobbs Journal and at
> http://www.ddj.com/articles/2001/0105/0105i/0105i.htm. The draft with
> source code is at http://virtualschool.edu/wap.

I love the article title:

"Just say no to JSP"

I'm so happy to see that more and more people are waking up to the fact that
JSP is bad. I'm also happy to see you worry about form validation issues.
That is a problem that we are currently solving in Turbine right now. It is
called "Intake". :-)

It is sad to me that you:

#0. Apache/JServe. Can't spell the product name correctly even though it has
been around for 4+ years. :-)

#1. Confused "Turbine" with "add programming language features to HTML".

#2. Confused "WebMacro" and thus Velocity with "add programming language
features to HTML".

If you spend time with the products, you would see that isn't the case and
you might actually retract your statements.

I have more comments, but no time right now and this probably isn't the
right forum anyway...

:-)

-jon