tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From pushpendra.si...@ps.ge.com
Subject servlet
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 12:37:46 GMT
I am developing a web page, which will have the link to copyright protected
reference materials. I will be using some web-builder tool such as
front-page or dream-weaver.
The problem faced is the implementation of access control over the refrence
material, which is nothing but pdf files. the control should be such that
when a user is aacessing, viewing or using a file no other user user should
be able to view or access that file i.e. one user, one file at a time.
I am in a fix, what to do?
should i use the singlethreadmodel interface of servlet or jsp to develop
this control, but i am afraid that i will end up in writing 300 servlet
classes each crresponding to one pdf file.
Any suggestions addressing this problem?
Thanking you.

Pushpendra Singh.