tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Ana <anbar...@yahoo.es>
Subject Tomcat 3.2.1 and RequestDispatcherImpl
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:18:17 GMT
For our application we have developed a ResponseWrapper and
ResponseWrapper  that implements ServletResponse and ServletRequest.
The problem comes when we use Tomcat 3.2.1.
RequestDispatcherImpl.include(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse
response).
The response parameter that the include method receives is our
RequestWrapper. The method does a casting  to their Wrapper
(HttpServletRequestFacade ) not to the  ServletRequest. Besides it is using
the response from the request not from the method call.

Anyone knows why it it is implemented in this way?
Do you know if it works fine on another version?

The Tomcat code is:

org.apache.tomcat.facade.RequestDispatcherImpl

public void include(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response)
	throws ServletException, IOException
     {
         Request realRequest = ((HttpServletRequestFacade)request).
	    getRealRequest();
	Response realResponse = realRequest.getResponse();

	// the strange case in a separate method
	if( name!=null) {
	    includeNamed( request, response );
	    return;
	}