tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Kief Morris <k...@bitbull.com>
Subject Re: JDBCStore package for Tomcat 4.x
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:27:48 GMT
Bip Thelin typed the following on 12:53 PM 4/16/2001 -0700
>the processexpires() in PersistentManagerBase is looking for current
>sessions then swaping them
>in and checking if they're valid, if so continue else invalidate.

Hmm, it shouldn't be doing this, it should only be checking the
sessions in memory. FileStore currently doesn't delete its expired
sessions regularly since I stripped the background thread out.
I don't think FileStore (or JDBCStore) need to check as often as the
Manager does, but perhaps we should add the background thread
code back in, but with a longer default interval. We may want to
make a StoreBase class with the common code for this sort of
thing, then extend it for FileStore and JDBCStore.

Kief